Things that have a celestial touch are undoubtedly top of the world and liked by most people, especially children. Paintings picturing star and the universe are mystical and enhance the décor of your home with their heavenly charm. Similarly, a star or universe embroidery design on clothes, bed linens, decorative fabrics etc. can do wonders. Let’s take the example of T-shirts. Wow, they are so comfortable to sport in and somewhat staple to every wardrobe. These types of clothing are generally categorized under casual dressing, but a piece of art can provide them a professional look. Want to know how? Read on!
How to embroider on a t-shirt?
- One of the most important things when embroidering on t-shirts is to select the quality of fabric. Products that have heavier cotton blend are the best options. That’s because they stitch better and crumble lesser in comparison to the light weight t-shirts.
- Pre-washing is another important consideration in this regard. So, try not to avoid the same. There are many cotton apparels that are tagged as ‘no-shrink’, but these can also shrink. Therefore, wash your t-shirt and dry before working on it. If you skip pre-washing, then your star embroidery design might pucker (even with a least amount of shrinkage), no matter how perfectly and beautifully the embroidery was done.
- When it comes to stabilizing apparels or clothing for embroidery, there is a thumb rule followed by most of the artisans, “if you sport it, do not rip it. So, you can use a no-show mesh as your cut-away stabilizer. It prevents the knits from expanding and keeps the embroidery intact and in place. Make sure to turn your t-shirt inside out and keep the cut-out stabilizer bigger than the size of the hoop.
- Selection of correct threads and needles are equally important. When working on sweatshirts or t-shirts, make use of the smallest ball point needles. Online tutorials might help you with the same. Using polyester thread for making stars embroidery designs is a good choice. The reason – they don’t fade easily and are bleach resistant.
- Open embroidery designs are the best options for t-shirts. Heavy and intense designs make the fabric stiff and sometimes, lumpy around the edges. As far as the topper is concerned, water-soluble options are great. All you need to do is place a thin layer of it over the area and stitch or pin it. It offers professional finish to your work. In case the embroidery machine you have in your home is equipped with basting stitch, make use of it.
- When you are done with your star and the universe embroidering, remove the excess stabilizer carefully and press the backside of the work areas with the help of a cloth. This will help you release hoop marks, if any.
For more queries contact us and visit us in our website embroiderystitchnitch.com